Wednesday, October 12, 2011

KCWC- babies

 

I have babies on the brain a bit.  Partly from the realization that I truly don’t want to have any more myself and partly because my baby brother is having his first soon and it’s a girl. I didn’t start sewing until my daughter was about 3 years old so I missed sewing little baby girl stuff.  So now I get to use my brother to try all sorts of stuff in the name of gifts.

Last week I made several things for her and I will share it here right before the baby shower.  Last night I added a couple things though and I love it. 

photos 10-11 036

I pretty much made the leggings this past weekend but added the little tag on the leg and added the embellishment to the onesie last night.  I had bought the trim a few months ago while visiting my mom in Bakersfield.  They have the most fabulous fabric store, Strawberry Patches.  (Most people drive through Bakersfield at least once in their lives, it would be worth it to stop at this store)  It looks so simple right.  Well it actually was not. There is this mesh stuff you have to sew through and try not to sew through the flowers.

photos 10-11 061

The leggings were super simple.  They are 3 month size, as is the onesie.  I used the inspiration from here to make the pattern.  Super easy.  I used the double needle for the first time.  Again, a suggestion from here.  I really like how it looks.  

Alright, time for the girl to go to bed and to get to sewing the dress I cut out last night.  Oh yeah I am using piping for the first time.  Wish me luck.

 

Clover

No comments: